Who are we?
WiSCA stands for the Winsley School Community Association which is our version of the PTA. We changed the name so that it included the community a few years ago to acknowledge the help that we get from so many people around us.
We raise money by hosting some wonderful events such as:
- Summer & Christmas Fayres
- Village Quiz night
- Cake Sales
- Bonfire Night Event + much more
The Current WiSCA Committee members are:
- Andrea Asbury, Chair
- Louise Wesley, Treasurer
- Janine Dobinson & Clare Cobb, Joint Secretary
The money we raise...
We're lucky to have a great WiSCA team that constantly help organise fundraising events which help support the school with any day to day or special projects that they need.
A few examples of the ways in which we help are
- Renewing the annual subscription to Mathletics (£80)
- Playpod re-fill every year (£350)
- Y6 hoodies and a residential trip
- Reception class outdoor space (£1,500)
- Refreshing library books
- Buying new playhouses for the KS1 areas
- Explorer dome coming into the school
- Funding repairs like the school path and the carpark safe crossing.
How to contact WiSCA
If you would like to get in contact with WiSCA, please email or find us on Facebook:
firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here to find our Facebook page
The best way...
The very best way to help WiSCA raise funds and show support for the school is to turn up. Bake the cake for your class sales or just buy a slice everything counts towards making WiSCA and the school a vibrant and successful environment.
Sign up to TheGivingMachine and help to raise funds for the school every time you shop online with no extra charge to you!
Does your company help with matched funding? It's an easy way to sometimes double our fundraising totals for events. Contact us if they do.
Support from PTA-UK
We're part of the PTA-UK which gives us guidance to ensure our events are legal and safe.